Edward John Lind II M.D.
Birthplace: Emporia, Kansas
High school: Iola (Kansas) High School
Undergraduate degrees: A.A. Degree from Allen County Community College in 1973, and B.S. Degree in Biology from Pittsburg State University, 1975
Medical degree: Kansas University School of Medicine, 1978
Residency training: Completed a residency in Family Medicine at St. Joseph Medical Center, 1978 to1981. Dr. Lind served as chief resident in his third year.
Dr. Lind is Board Certified in Family Medicine, as recognized by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM).
In addition, he holds a CAQ in Sports Medicine from the ABFM.
Medically related positions held:
- Chief resident St. Joseph Family Medicine Residency, 1981
- Part-time Emergency Room Physician, St. Joseph Medical Center ER, 1981-1990
- Secretary of the Medical Staff, St. Joseph Medical Center, 1985.
- Dr. Lind has been the Secretary, Vice President, President-elect, and ultimately President (1991) of the Kansas Academy of Family Physicians.
- Hospitalist for Preferred Medical Associates (PMA), two different stints in the 1990’s, overseeing and coordinating care and risk for PMA’s HMO patients while hospitalized.
- Medical Director and Vice President of Medical Affairs for Preferred Medical Associates of Via Christi Medical Center, 1995 through 1999.
- Physician member of Preferred Health Systems Second level appeals committee, eleven years, 2000-2011.
- Team Physician, high school football and basketball, 31 years of service and attendance.
- Volunteer faculty, University of Kansas Medical School, Wichita, Family Medicine.
Hospital/Surgery Center affiliations:
Dr. Lind holds privileges at the following local facilities: Via Christi Medical Center, Wesley Medical Center, the Center for Same Day Surgery (CSDS), the Kansas Surgery and Recovery Center (KSARC), and Endoscopic Services.
Interests outside of medicine:
- Instrument rated pilot with more than 1200 hours of flight.
- Coach of my 3 sons’ baseball and basketball teams; grade school and high school summer teams.
- Member of the St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Parish, Derby, Kansas
Dr. Lind has been married to Kimberly Ann (Gottron) Lind since 1982.
He has three sons: Derek, Zachary, and Daniel.